30.6.2020 | My internet download speed on Speedtest.net is 48Mbps. However, when I browse, it is very slow.What might be reason for slow connection?
I’d check the modem and router if I were you.
Perhaps you need to reboot your modem and router. You will need your phone or tablet to help you. Here’s how to do it:
1. Take note of all the lights that are on or flashing on your modem and your router.
2. Unplug your modem
3. Unplug your router
4. Wait about 10 seconds. Count the “mississippis” if you have to.
5. Plug in your modem
6. Plug in your router
7. Make sure that all the lights that are usually on when you are online are on.
8. Wait five minutes.
9. Check your phone or tablet. If the wireless symbol appears, you are connected.
If step 9 is successful, try surfing the web on your phone or tablet. If step 9 is not, or if you experience trouble while surfing, repeat steps 2–9.
You can also try troubleshooting your network adaptor.
1. If you are on Windows 10, right-click your network icon.
2. Select Troubleshoot problems and follow all instructions.
3. If that doesn’t work. Google can help with your problem.
Finally, if you’re like me, you probably have a wireless extender. If that’s the case, you can reboot your extender just as you would your modem and router. If not, you might want to consider purchasing an extender if you connect wirelessly.